Monday, April 30, 2018

Cooking - Needs and advantages

When I was with my parents in Bangalore(India), I used to take things like cooking and responsibilities for granted. Ever since i have been in the US, I begin to realize how easy my life with my parents was.
Here in the US, eating outside is easy but one cannot have have control over the calories and the ingredients. Fast food is so easy to get and is generally high on cheese, sugar, meat and fried items.

Being a fitness enthusiast as well, I wish to have more control over the fuel that will help me be at my athletic best. Hey, six pack abs are made in kitchen and not in gym. Thats added motivation right there.

I initially started off cooking as an alternative for going out for restaurant and began to instantly like the idea of cooking for myself. It is also a great stress buster. Now I have somehow squeeze in a 30 mins time to quickly cook a decent meal for myself over the weekday. Dinner and lunch for the next day is generally sorted because of this. 
Breakfast is a combination of coffee, bagel, bananas.
I manage a quick snack of bagel in the evening and a coconut water hydration at any time during the day.
Over the weekend however I get a chance to experiment on slow cooking of chicken or some DIY dish which I can see online or on Youtube.

This phase has taught me a few things in life:
  • Being self reliant atleast in cooking
  • Planning my diet for a day or a few days in advance
  • Nutrition control
  • It brings out the creative best in me.

I am in love with cooking currently and I wish to continue this for a long time to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment